Are you still awake? It’s 11pm the night before the exam, if you’re still up then go to bed and get some rest so your brain will be ready to FIGHT tomorrow!
// Before class
- Study! And make sure your Notebook is in order.
// During class
- Test 1, worth 100 points, you can use your Notebooks in the last 10 minutes of this 50-minute exam
// After class
- Rest. Breathe. I’m going to try to get everything graded by Friday’s class.
- If you think you might not have done well, then set aside some time before Friday to review the topics you think you might still need to work on. You’ll have another chance on that material for the final and you can start working on that right now.
// What’s new?
Here is a list of the new functions we’ve defined this semester:
// What should we know?
For each of these functions you need to know the following:
- The domain of the funciton (where it is defined)
- The range of the function (possible outputs)
- The graph of the function (including relevant roots, asymptotes, and global behavior)
- How to compute basic values of the function (especially at 0 or other important points)
- The limit of the function at \(\infty\) and at \(-\infty\) (or ends of domain, if smaller)
- How the function is related to other functions in the list (inverse, combinations, etc)
- The derivative of the function (and how we proved that derivative formula)
// Then what?
Of course, you’ll also need to deal with combinations of these functions, but start with the basics. Get all this into your Notebook in case you need to reference it during the last 10 minutes of Wednesday’s exam. Good luck studying everyone, let me know on Slack if you have any questions.