This past week I have worked on installation ROS (Robot Operating System) on our desktop in the Ars Geometrica Lab in ISAT. With the ROS installation complete and usable, I began focusing on getting the OpenNI_launch and OpenNI_camera nodes working together to produce visuals from the Asus Xtion Pro Live.
I’ve made some progress in the past week with getting a implementation of OpenSfM running on my own machine and finally have done so. I ran a couple of test 2D images through the reconstruction pipeline with moderate results. So, I thought it was time to run some actual 3D printed material through it.