Get a Fusion 360 account
- Fusion 360 is already on the desktop computers in 3SPACE. You can log into Fusion 360 with your Autodesk email and password (which will be the same as your Tinkercad username and password, since Autodesk also owns Tinkercad).
- If you have a laptop, you should also get a free student copy of Fusion 360 for yourself, at this link.
Learning how to use Fusion 360
- In class you’ll go through the Fusion 360 walkthrough at this link (click “Open in Fusion 360” for each one)
- For homework you’ll create and document “20 forms” in Fusion 360 (and print just ONE tiny thing, just to make sure you can export objects)
- For help check out our Getting Started in Fusion 360 page and/or try watching some of these Fusion 360 videos
Exporting an STL from Fusion 360
- Watch the first part of this Makers Muse video to learn how to export one of your forms for 3D printing and photographing. (You only need to watch from the beginning to about 3:45 in the video.)