Adding the Eyes
After successfully taking quality photos of James’ eyes, we went into GraphicConverter 9 to edit the photos to work with the face. This is the image we hope will work for just printing the eyes. We may need to blow up each eye individually or take another approach to getting a big enough photo thats in proportion to the mask.
The Shapeways Print
Through our professor, Dr. Taalman, we sent the original scan of James’s face to Shapeways. We used this method in order to maintain the color integrity of the original scan. as seen in the picture below, the scan is very small (tootsie roll for scale). The iPhone X does not appear to recognize it as a face at this time but we may have to prop in order to find the correct distance.
- 2/19– Work on the eyes to implement onto the mask. Queue another mask to be made for alternate method.
- 2/26– Begin crafting the detail in the mask’s mouth area. Tweak small details in eyes if needed.
- 3/12– This the week we should have a successful unlocking of the phone. If no, troubleshoot.
- 3/19– Pending previous results, we will continue to troubleshoot or begin new experiments.
- 3/26-Pending previous results, we will continue to troubleshoot or begin new experiments. Outline Final presentation schedule (logistics, what needs to be done, software we may need)
- 4/2-Pending previous results, we will continue to troubleshoot or begin new experiments. Start video making process.
- 4/9-Pending previous results, we will continue to troubleshoot or begin new experiments.
- 4/16– Finalize putting together final video. Create a youtube video documentumenting process and final product.Show progression of prints over time, while having a voice over of what we did to reach the final point.
For our final presentation we will be creating a social media outlet to document our progress and share it with the world. The social media outlet we think fits the documentation of this project best is YouTube. We will create an account specifically for our project and upload our most important/valuable documentation. We will also create a video that documents the progression of our project. From meeting the group for the first time to (hopefully) unlocking the iPhone with the mask. Our team believes that this documentation will serve as both a memory for us as well as a source of knowledge for the world wide web.